Défi 1 (book + workbook)
Défi is an original and motivating french method which is easy to use. Based on the practice in situations, it awakens the curiosity of the students by placing the culture as a foundation of the language learning. It is aimed to be used by old teenagers or adults lookinf to obtain a A1 level (based on the CEFR).
This method offers :
- A reassuring and easily adaptable structure : 8 units per level, each one of them divided in two thematics.
- Each thematic contains : 1 discovery double-page, 2 doubles-pages with triggering documents containing grammatical, lexical and cultural activities, along with a final task. (défi).
- An acquisition of the linguistic tools naturally triggered for the students by realistic and useful documents : cultural elements, mutlicultural facts, societal approach, …
- Various reading strategies to facilitate the understanding of the documents and develop the autonomy of each learner.
- A primordial place given to interculturality: the learner reacts and interacts from his experience and his identity.
- An inductive and progressive work made on the grammar.
- A lexical work very present throughout the method and reinforced by a dedicated page at the end of each units: clouds of words, mental maps, collocations …
- Phonetic video capsules (find here two examples from Défi 1 : capsule 03 et capsule 04).