GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Article 1 | Acceptance of these General Conditions
These general terms and conditions of sale govern all relations between the Alliance Française de La Haye and its members regarding registration unless expressly and in writing derogated. By placing an order and/or registering, each member accepts these general conditions. These conditions apply exclusively from the member’s registration.
Article 2 | Age Limits
The member must be at least 18 years old to enroll in a course at the Alliance Française de La Haye. However, a person aged 18 or under can be enrolled in the course provided that a parent or guardian (the person signing this form) is aware:
- In case of integration problems or any other issues related to the course and upon the teacher’s advice, we reserve the right to cancel this registration. We will then refund the balance pro rata of the fees received.
- The standard class in which the teenager is enrolled is intended for adults, in an environment designed for adults. Therefore, we disclaim any responsibility other than that of adult students, and we irrevocably commit to accepting these general conditions.
Article 3 | Registration Conditions and Formalities
All registrations are personal and non-transferable.
By validating their registration, the member confirms their irrevocable commitment to attend or have someone attend the course on their behalf, subject to the cancellation or rescheduling right provided in Article 5.
For standard lessons, possession of didactic material is essential.
Article 4 | Refusal of Registration
The Alliance Française de La Haye reserves the right to refuse registration for a course, as well as any renewal, especially in the case of inappropriate behavior by the member in accordance with “internal rules.”
Article 5 | Right of Withdrawal – Postponement of Registration and Refund
Any cancellation of registration for a course within 15 days after the start of the session will result in a refund of course fees upon receipt of the duly filled refund request, with a deduction of €50 as administrative fees.
If the cancellation of participation in the course is desired beyond the 15-day period from the start of the classes, the refund of the course will not be granted. Only a credit for the remaining amount of the course will be allowed.
Furthermore, the member has the right to postpone the course for which they are registered within 6 months from the date of the request for postponement and upon receipt of the duly filled credit request.
The postponement is a session postponement according to the schedule defined by the Alliance Française de La Haye. The postponement (in the form of credit) or refund will be authorized only upon receipt of the refund/credit document.
In the event of force majeure (COVID, natural disaster, government measures…), the Alliance Française de La Haye reserves the right to modify, postpone, or cancel the course or session. This modification will not entitle to a refund of the course or session but will be subject to a postponement of the course or, within the framework of a full session, a postponement to the next session.
Article 6 | Prices and Payment Terms
Training fees are subject to the rates set in all communication media of the Alliance Française de La Haye (website, brochures, online purchasing platform, etc.). The amounts indicated are flat and include:
- Course fees
- A fixed amount covering administrative costs for an entire year.
- Study and activity notebooks used during the course. Books are non-refundable.
The total amount due for the training (i.e., training fees and didactic material costs) must be paid before the start of the training. Bank transfer fees are borne by the client. Payment in installments is possible under special conditions: in 2 installments for adults and 2 to 3 installments for children. In this case, the administration of AFLH prepares the payment schedule for students. It is the member’s responsibility to make the payment according to the schedule. There is no automatic debit every month.
The Alliance Française de La Haye reserves the right to deny access to anyone who has not completed all the registration formalities provided for in Article 3 above.
Article 7 | Renewal of Registration
Any renewal of registration will be valid only if all the conditions stated in Article 3 above are fulfilled before the start of the training.
Article 8 | Late Payment
Any unpaid amount 3 weeks after registration will be increased by a one-time amount of €50.
Article 9 | Cancellation and Rescheduling of Training by the Alliance Française de La Haye
The Alliance Française de La Haye reserves the right to cancel a course, even if it has been registered, if it deems that the training cannot take place under optimal conditions of safety, comfort, management, and/or learning, and in case of force majeure or exceptional circumstances, or if the number of registered participants becomes less than 5.
If this minimum number of learners is not reached, the Alliance Française de La Haye may propose to reduce the session as follows:
- 20 hours of lessons instead of 24 hours for 4 students;
- 16 hours of lessons instead of 24 hours for 3 students;
- 12 hours of lessons instead of 24 hours for 2 students.
In case of cancellation of a course, each validly registered member will be personally informed by email, and the opportunity to request registration for another course will be offered, to the extent that the Alliance Française de La Haye can do so, or to be refunded for the course.
The member must notify their decision to participate in another course or to be refunded within 3 months of receiving the email informing them of the cancellation of the course. Beyond this period, all training fees become the permanent property of the Alliance Française de La Haye.
In the event that a training course must be canceled by the Alliance Française de La Haye once it has started, during the session, and the member opts for the cancellation of their registration, this cancellation will be effective only for future course sessions, and the refund of registration fees will be calculated pro rata of the completed sessions, whether the member attended them or not.
Article 10 | Issuance of Certificates/Attendance Certificate
The Alliance Française de La Haye issues, at the member’s request, a certificate of registration and/or attendance.
The certificate of registration is issued only after the total payment of registration and training fees.
Certificates of registration and/or attendance will not be issued after a period of 6 months following the end of the relevant training.
Article 11 | Evaluation of Training – Advancement to a Higher Level
Advancement to a higher level is subject to the successful completion of a mandatory end-of-level assessment administered at the end of the levels of the Alliance Française de La Haye. Information regarding the conditions for participating in this assessment will be displayed in the premises of the Alliance Française de La Haye. In case of significant impossibility, substitutions are possible under particular conditions. The level test of the Alliance Française de La Haye is valid for one year from the date of presentation of this test. Beyond this period, a new placement test will be necessary to assess the student’s level.
Article 12 | Identification of Teachers and Premises
The Alliance Française of The Hague will be solely authorized to appoint the teacher who will conduct the courses and designate the premises where the courses will take place. There is no right to the instruction of a specific teacher, nor the right to benefit from a specific proposal.
The Alliance Française of The Hague cannot guarantee the same teacher for the entire duration of a training or session.
To the extent possible, in the event of a teacher’s absence, the Alliance Française of The Hague undertakes to ensure the continuity of the service. If circumstances do not allow for the replacement of the absent teacher, the classes will be rescheduled for a later date.
The Alliance Française of The Hague disclaims any responsibility for the cancellation or schedule changes for courses resulting from the behavior of a student or a third party.
Article 13 | Right to Portrayal
During the courses, we may take photos of students (adults/children) that may be used for advertising purposes on our website and/or in our brochures. By signing this form, you agree to the publication of these photos. If you have objections, please inform us in writing before the start of the course.
In the context of private and group courses, whether online or in co-modality, the classes are recorded. By signing this form, you not only accept the recording of the classes but also their accessibility to individuals enrolled in the courses. These recordings can be viewed on the Alliance online platform throughout its accessibility period. The access conditions to the Alliance online platform are defined in Article 14.
Article 14 | Alliance Online
The purchase of online or co-modality group or private courses grants access to our institution’s Alliance online platform.
For group courses, access to the platform is limited to the course session duration, followed by an additional 8 weeks. For private courses, access to the platform ends after the last conducted class.
Article 15 | Property Rights
Copyright and ownership of teaching materials belong to the author. The material cannot be reproduced, stored in a digital database, or made public, except for the personal use of the student currently enrolled in a training program.
Article 16 | Liability of the Alliance Française of The Hague in Case of Failure
The Alliance Française of The Hague disclaims any responsibility if the student’s learning objectives or the candidate’s certification objectives are not met. The Alliance Française of The Hague is only bound by an obligation of means in this regard. The student commits to diligently and diligently follow the training.
Article 17 | Interpretation in accordance with the Dutch version of these general conditions
In case of ambiguity or contradiction between the different translations of these general conditions, the terms in Dutch shall prevail.
SPECIAL SALES CONDITIONS / Private courses
By purchasing private courses at the Alliance Française of The Hague, you agree to comply with the policies, procedures, and regulations of the Alliance Française of The Hague. This includes agreement with the following terms. You also confirm that the information provided during registration is complete and correct.
ARTICLE 1 | ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS
Unless deviated and/or modified by these special conditions, the general conditions of the Alliance Française of The Hague fully apply to private courses.
ARTICLE 2 | REGISTRATION
- Private courses are organized on a case-by-case basis. Our coordinator of private courses works in conjunction with members and teachers to find a suitable time slot.
- Our coordinator of private courses works part-time and processes new requests in chronological order as they are received. New requests are managed through a waiting list.
- We strive to respond to requests as quickly as possible, in accordance with operational and logistical constraints. Members and/or tutors/parents are encouraged to request their private course program at least two weeks before the desired start date.
- All members must submit the online private course form before the coordinator of private courses can organize their training.
ARTICLE 3 | ORGANIZE YOUR TRAINING
- All courses must last a minimum of one and a half hours.
- Private lessons can be organized at the following locations: At the Alliance Française of The Hague located at Emmapark 6, 2595ET The Hague; or at your preferred location (in The Hague or its immediate vicinity within a radius of 8km).
- Private lessons held at home will incur additional charges to cover travel expenses. These are calculated based on the distance from the Alliance Française of The Hague located at the following address: Emmapark 6, 2595ET The Hague.
- No private lessons can be organized outside the opening hours of the Alliance Française of The Hague, non-working day, or any other public holiday.
- Due to the evolving availability of rooms and other facilities, the Alliance Française of The Hague can confirm private lessons only for a “foreseeable period,” i.e., until our schedule for group lessons or other events affecting room allocation changes.
ARTICLE 4: CONFIRM YOUR TRAINING
- All private course packages must be fully paid (or in installments if prior agreement is obtained) at least 48 hours before your first confirmed class.
- If the Alliance Française of The Hague does not hear from you within 3 working days after confirming the availability of a teacher by email, your teacher may be reassigned, or they may no longer be available to teach your class.
- When renewing a package, full payment is required 48 hours before the first session of the new package.
- A package of course hours is valid according to the duration of the table established below:
|Nombre d’heures souscrites
|Durée de validité après la date de commencement du cours
|Jusqu’à 10 heures
|Jusqu’à 20 heures
|Jusqu’à 30 heures
|Jusqu’à 40 heures
|Jusqu’à 50 heures
|Jusqu’à 60 heures
|Jusqu’à 70 heures
5. Private courses do not include manuals or additional materials unless otherwise indicated.
6. A course can only begin when the learner’s level has been established, the schedule has been set, and official acceptance of an offer has been made.
Article 5: Modification / Cancellation / Postponement of Private Lessons
- The Alliance Française of The Hague requires a 48-hour notice in advance for any modifications or cancellations of your private lessons. In the absence of notification to the Alliance Française of The Hague of any changes occurring after this period, the canceled hours will be forfeited.
- Notifications of modification or cancellation must be sent by EMAIL to email@example.com and by phone via our reception (0031 070 362 15 23).
- Cancellations on behalf of minors must be made by their parents or guardians.
- If a medical condition, accident, or trauma prevents you from attending the classes, and you cannot cancel your registration within the specified timeframe, the Alliance Française of The Hague may consider this with supporting documentation.
- If you arrive after the scheduled start of your class, your tuition fees will not be extended, and no refund or prorated adjustment will be granted.
- For semi-private courses, no division of credit will be possible once the classes are confirmed and paid. The Alliance Française of The Hague cannot be held responsible for changes made by students to their professional obligations or personal situations when a student cannot attend semi-private lessons.
- In case of the student’s delay lasting more than half the scheduled duration of the relevant class, the teacher has the right to leave without notifying the learner.
- When a student is no longer able to attend classes for the remainder of the training, we may possibly arrange a partial credit. Credits can be provided strictly in the event of one of the following unforeseen circumstances:
– Following an accident or trauma (required supporting documents);
– Medical treatment preventing the student from completing the training (required supporting documents).
- Requests for credit must be addressed in writing to the coordinator of private courses via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Credits will be calculated based on the number of hours initially purchased in the package, the price paid per hour for the initial purchase, and the remaining hours of the initially chosen pack.
- Strict conditions apply:
- Credits are non-refundable;
- Credits are valid for a period of 12 months from the date they were processed;
- The validity of the credit cannot be extended;
- Credits are not transferable.
- The following items are non-refundable: administrative fees and educational materials after collection at the reception.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the validity period of the course indicated on the quote. Otherwise, the ordered hours will be lost.
- The Alliance Française of The Hague has the right to cancel and reschedule a course under conditions that are agreeable to the teacher and the member when the course cannot be held under optimal supervisory conditions.
SPECIAL SALES CONDITIONS / Exams
ARTICLE 1 | REGISTRATION
Student registration for an exam is done through the website. Registration is considered upon receipt of the full payment, and the student will then receive their summons.
ARTICLE 2 | REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fees are non-refundable. In the case of illness or unforeseen travel, the exam can be postponed to a later session, provided that the exam management is informed by mail (email@example.com) and with corresponding justifications (sick leave, plane ticket…).
ARTICLE 3 | DIPLOMA DISPATCH FEES
Diploma dispatch fees are the responsibility of the student.